Sunday, July 27, 2014

Journal 9

          I learned a lot that I didn't really know about simplifying today that I didn't know before. I didn't really know anything about the active and passive types of sentences. I didn't really know that you weren't really supposed to use "you" in your essays either because none of my teachers before never told me not to use "you" in my essays. After looking at my annotated bibliography, I noticed that I use passive voice a lot in my writing and I should probably start making it a habit to not use it. Even when I was trying to simplify some of the sentences in class I used passive voice. Once we talked about passive and active voice, I had to go back and change all of my sentences so that they were simplified in active voice. It is going to be a lot tougher not using any passive voice in my essay, but I will try to use active even if it makes me have to write addition information.

No comments:

Post a Comment